Join our team in the community!
We host and participate in a variety of events, from community cleanups, eco-fairs, public presentations and everything in-between.
Interested in bringing the U of T Trash Team to your next event? Contact us.
- This event has passed.
Tagging Trash in the Toronto Harbour
November 23 @ 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Floating litter… where does it go? How does it end up on our local beaches, slips and docks? Why does it accumulate in certain areas and not others? As part of our Fighting Floatables Initiative, the Tagging Trash Project aims to answer these questions.
What this webinar will cover:
- An introduction to our Fighting Floatables program on Toronto’s waterfront and how it relates to local policy and application.
- Results from the Tagging Trash project, and how they will be used to inform management and fuel our local Trash Trapping projects.
- An opportunity to network with local stakeholders with the goal of increasing awareness about the issue, new collaborations, and motivating actions that reduce plastic pollution.
- Dr. Chelsea Rochman, Assistant Professor of Ecology and Program Lead of Scientific Programming and Application for the U of T Trash Team
- Cassandra Sherlock, Master’s student
- Patricia Semcesen, PhD student