Our team works together according to these shared values.
Main types of opportunities
Volunteers deliver meaningful waste reduction programming through community outreach, education and solutions-based research. Below are typical opportunities and we encourage volunteers to suggest new opportunities to help build this list!
- Cleanup Events
- Public Presentations
- Community Events
- Waste Literacy Instructors for Grade 5 classrooms
- Informal school and educational opportunities
- Let’s Break Down Plastic – Video Series
- Home Waste Audit
- Fighting Floatables
Benefits of Volunteering
- Co-Curricular record (U of T students only)
- Be part of a friendly community
- Gain science communication skills
- Become a leader in our community
- Opportunities to try new things, explore and innovate
- Learn more about current research on plastic pollution
Interested in joining the team? Everyone who aligns with our team values and shares our goal of increasing waste literacy in the community while reducing plastic pollution in our ecosystems is welcome to join. (We also hope you love raccoons, but it’s ok if you don’t!)
For full details, read our welcome document and contact us to join. We’ll add you to our listserv and send a quick survey to get to know you better.